Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Girl Hunter & Food Karma

girl hunter // georgia pellegrini

Just as I was about to turn off the Today show this morning, I saw a clip about chef/huntress Georgia Pellegrini. In short, she left a job in finance to pursue a career in cooking. I looked her up (thanks, Google!) and found this great article about how she began hunting. It's inspiring to read about how hunting her own game has brought her closer to nature and closer to cooking. 

"I wanted to take part in every part of the process, I wanted to pay the full karmic price of the meal."

Food is so readily available to us, yet we rarely stop to think about where our food comes from or how it gets to our table. I love the idea of thinking about eating in a karmic sort of way: the predator/prey relationship is something to be respected rather than shunned or abused.

Besides having an interesting philosophy that she's turned into her lifestyle, it's great to see a strong young woman find something she's passionate about and chase it... and succeed! High fives, Georgia!


p.s.  —  she just wrote this book, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment